The Friendship Monument in Ufa is a symbol of the peaceful coexistence of the Russian and Bashkir peoples over the centuries. The first stone of the sculpture was laid in honour of the 400th anniversary of the voluntary entry of Bashkiria into Russia. The construction of the monument lasted from 1957 to 1965.
The height of the monument is 33 meters, it is installed on a foundation with a diameter of 13 meters and a height of 6 meters. The Friendship Monument is perfectly visible from the side of the Belaya river.