Location: Verkhneuslonsky district, Vvedenskaya Sloboda (see the map below

The monastery is situated on the right bank of the river Sviyaga. Makariev’s hermitage consists of an ensemble of monastery buildings surrounded by a wall. The foundation of the monastery probably dates to the middle of the 16th century. Unfortunately, the original buildings have not been preserved. The monastery comprises the Ascension Cathedral (1829), the Consolation of All Sorrows Church (1866), the chapel, the monk’s quarters, icehouse, bakery, warehouse and the wall. In 1995 the monastery was given over to the Kazan Eparchy.

 

Makariev monastery, Tatarstan, Russia, tourism, travel, cities, districts, sightseeing, tourist, visitor, tourist attractions, places to visit, monuments, local culture, cultural tourism, local tourismPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev

Makariev monastery, Tatarstan, Russia, tourism, travel, cities, districts, sightseeing, tourist, visitor, tourist attractions, places to visit, monuments, local culture, cultural tourism, local tourism
Photo: Andrey Roshektaev

 

 

back to the top