• Mirage Hotel

    Mirage Hotel

    гостиничный комплекс «Мираж»



    Kazan, Moskovskaya Str. 5


    +7 843 278-05-05


    This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.



  • Morskoi Glaz lake

    Location: the Republic of Mari El, at Shariboksad village, 2 km from Sotnur settlement, Volzhskyi district

    The name of the lake means Sea Eye, locals call it Mushyl.

    Morskoi Glaz Lake
    Photo: Andrey Roshektaev

    Morskoi Glaz Lake
    Photo: Andrey Roshektaev

    Waterfall at Morskoi Glaz Lake
    Photo: Andrey Roshektaev

    Slopes of the lake
    Photo: Andrey Roshektaev

    Surroundings of the lake
    Photo: Andrey Roshektaev

    The lake in autumn
    Photo: Andrey Roshektaev


  • Musa Jalil Memorial Flat

    Location: Kazan, Gorky Str. 17, 27-28

    Opened in 1983 as the RT National Museum affiliate. A museum flat, the exhibition is dedicated to life and creative work of Musa Jalil in Kazan (1929-1941).


    For more information visit



  • Museum of Alexandr Arbuzov and Boris Arbuzov

    Location: Kazan, Katanovsky pereulok 8 (see a map below

    The museum was founded in 1969, and opened for visitors in 1971.

    The estate consists of a wooden private residence and a garden. The house was built in the middle of the 19th century land ocated in the old centre of Kazan. Two prominent chemists lived here - A.E.Arbuzov (1877-1968), the founder of chemistry of organophosphorus compounds, and his son - B.A.Arbuzov (1903-1991).

    The museum has its unique features and authenticity of the household conditions. The interiour was kept untouched from Arbuzovs time. The furniture, library, the pictures painted by A.E.Arbuzov, snapshots, manuscripts of scientific papers and lectures, correspondence of the scientists with their relatives, colleagues etc., vividly represent the time in which Arbuzovs family lived, and help to imagine the remarkable people in their domestic athmosphere. Even the wallpaper is still from the last home improvement done by Arbuzov's.

    The collection of the museum contain more than 20 thousand genuine artefacts. They are connected with Alexander Arbuzov and his children (Boris, Yurij and Irina), with the well known architect K.L.Mjufke (the brother-in-law of Alexander Arbuzov), and with other relatives and pupils of the famous family.

    For more informationn visit

    Museum of A.Arbuzov and B.Arbuzov, Tatarstan, Russia, tourism, travel, cities, districts, sightseeing, tourist, visitor, tourist attractions, places to visit, monuments, local culture, cultural tourism, local tourism

    Museum of A.Arbuzov and B.Arbuzov, Tatarstan, Russia, tourism, travel, cities, districts, sightseeing, tourist, visitor, tourist attractions, places to visit, monuments, local culture, cultural tourism, local tourism

    Source: some info used from



    to the top


  • Museum of Gaziz Kashapov

    Location: Aksubaevsky district, Novoe Uzeevo

    The museum was founded in 1992, and has 1154 exhibits. The museum dedicated to life and work of the Tatar writer Gaziz Kashapov.

    For more information visit:



  • Museum of Khasan Tufan

    Location: Aksubaevsky district, Staraya Kiremet'

    The museum was founded in 2000, and counts 2580 exhibits. The museum dedicated to one of the great Tatar poet Khasan Tufan.


    For more information visit



  • Museum of Kryashens (Baptised Tatars)

    Location: Kaybitsky district, Khozesanovo

    The Museum of Baptized Tatars of the Nagornaya Side was opened in early October 2020. It was an initiative of V.Danilov, an economist and ethnographer. 

    The collection of new artefacts is open, and everybody is welcome to contribute to an expositions.

    More info:


    Museum of Kryashen, Tatarstan, Russia, tourism, travel, cities, districts, sightseeing, tourist, visitor, tourist attractions, places to visit, monuments, local culture, cultural tourism, local tourism

















  • Museum of the city history in Chistopol

    Location: Chistopol, Karl Marx Str. 8

    The Museum of the city history (or the Museum of Local Lore) was founded in Chistopol in 1921 by A.C. Bulich, a well-known naturalist and archaeologist. His private collection numbered over 5000 items.

    Since 8 April 1928 the museum was housed in the former private residence of A.A. Poduruev, a merchant from Kazan. In 1987 after the reconstruction and organization of the new exhibition the museum acquired his present name - the Museum of a Provincial city, or Museum of the city history.

    Now there are over 30000 items in the museum collections. Among them there are such rarities as wooden bicycles made by N.I. Melnikov, a peasant from the village named Chistopolskye Vyselky according to his own project in the early XXth century (1902 and 1909); the old-printed books, pictures and icons. The Bulgarian collection discovered in the seat of the ancient town named Gucke-Tau (Dzhuke-Tau, editor) is a subject of special pride of the museum. Among them the Bulgarian silver coins of the XI-XIIth centuries, old jewelry, mirror's fragments and sherocones. The ethnographic department of the museum also has the items of great interest including the handicraft wares of the nations of the Central Volga region - Tatars, Russians, Chuvashs are of special value. There is a unique collection of handicraft wares of the Kazan Tatars including the examples of gold embroidery, mosaic leathern shoes, wearing and embroidered clothes as details of the traditional interior. In 1986 a unique collection of the graceful articles made of wood belonged to D.P. Dobrovolsky was joined to the museum treasures. People admire them up to nowadays.

    The collections of the Museum of a Provincial City in Chistopol extensively presenting the natural and cultural heritage of the land always attract attention both of inhabitants and visitors of the city.

    (Source: "Museum of the Provincial City" brochure)


    For more information visit



  • Naberezhnye Chelny Picture Gallery

    Location: Naberezhnye Chelny, Mira Pr., 52/16 (301)

    Opened in 1980 as the affiliate of the RT State Museum of Fine Arts. Comprises the collection of contemporary works of graphic, decorative and applied arts.


    For more information visit



  • National Museum of the Republic of Tatarstan

    Location: Kazan, Kremlevskaya Str. 2

    Opened in 1895 as Kazan City Public Museum. The museum was based on the collection of A.F. Likhachev, a local lore scholar. The Museum is a treasury of the Republic's museum valuables. Museum stock numbers over 700,000 items of Tatarstan and world culture.
    Since 1981 it has become a museum association incorporating 72 museum affiliates of historical, local lore, literary and memorial character.

    For more information visit



  • Nazib Zhiganov Memorial Flat

    Location: Kazan, M.Krasnaya Str. 14-1

    Nazib Zhiganov was one of the founders of the modern professional Tatar musical art. Many establishments and organisations of musical culture in Tatarstan such as the Kazan Conservatory is now an academy, the Tatar Opera and Ballet Theatre, the State Symphonic Orchestra, the Union of Composers of the Republic, and the Lycée at the conservatory were created with his participation. Zhiganov wrote eight operas, three ballets, and many symphonies and compositions. His works represent balanced combination of Tatar, Russian, and European musical heritage. 


    For more information visit and 



  • Nikol'sko-Baranskie ancient settlements I and II

    Location: Alekseevsky district

    This site is an area with adjacent monuments of the 10th-13th centuries covering 93 hectares.



  • Old-Kazan (Iske-Kazansky) historical-cultural museum and natural reserve

    Location: Vysokogorsky district, the Kamaevo village surroundings,

    This place is closely linked to events in the history of the Bulgar-Tatar people. According to historical sources and a popular legend, Old-Kazan was founded not far from a large settlement which arose in pre-Mongol times by sons of the Bulgar Khan Abdulla, Alin-Bek and Altyn-Bek.

    Old-Kazan nowadays is represented by two principal archaeological monuments: the Kamaevo settlement with an area of more than 6 hectares and the Russko-Urmatskoe settlement of 124 hectares located between the villages of Kamaevo and Russky Urmat. The Kamaevo site contains the remains of the political centre, the Kremlin of old Kazan, the site at Russky Urmat, the remains of the craft and trading quarter of the town.

    During archaeological digs here various ornaments have been found, ceramics and weapons, coins and many other. It is known that in the period preceding the formation of the Kazan Khanate there was a centre for minting gold coinage here.





  • Peshchishchensky geological sections

    Location: Verkhneuslonsky district, surroundings of the Peshchishchi village

    The section represents a natural formation laying bare a classical section of the Permian formation in the east of the Russian platform. There are fossils of ancient creatures have been preserved, imprints of ancient fish, mollusks, water lilies and seaweed containing minerals; varieties of gypsum, calcium and quarts crystals, lumps of silicon, and fusions of chalcedony.



  • Pyanoborskyi burial ground

    Location: Agryzsky district, the Krasnyi Bor village

    The site is located in the centre of the village of Krasnyi Bor (until the 1920s – Pyanyi Bor). The place is well known because of the Pyanobor archaeological culture, what takes name from this village. Here on the Kama in the lower reaches of the Belaya and Ik rivers the successors of the Anan’ino tribes of the Pyanobor culture, the last of the tribes of the Finno-Ugric group to develop in this place. The clan – tribal organisation of the tribe – was still in place based on large patriarchal families which united into patronymic groups, while the family commune was developing and property stratification and patriarchal slavery were becoming more pronounced (2nd century BC to 5th century AD). On the threshold of the new era Sarmatians again came from the south into the steppe regions of Zakam’e and other tribes came to the Volga as far as Kazan.

    In the 3rd and 4th centuries began the epoch of the Great Migration of the Peoples. During the first centuries the huge masses of Huns wandered over the steppes of the southern Urals. Under pressure from them Turkic and Ugric tribes began to move across the Urals to the north and reached the Kama. Here, in the region between the mouths of the Belaya and Vyatka rivers where the greater part of the Pyanobor tribes lived, the newcomers destroyed and burned villages, driving out and assimilating the native population. The Pyanobor tribes in panic flight migrated to the Vyatka, the lower reaches of the Kama and the Volga beyond as far as the Rivers Sura and Oka where they became the basis for the formation of Mordvinians and Mari.

    Collections of finds from the burial ground are in many Russian museums. One of largest is in the State Joint Museums of the Republic of Tatarstan.



  • Saidashev Museum

    Location: Kazan, Gorky Str. 13

    Opened in 1993 as the RT National Museum affiliate. The museum occupies a two-storied outbuilding in the yard of G.Kamal Tatar Academic Theatre, where the composer lived from 1928 to 1954 and created his best works.
    Small music salon hosts chamber parties and musical evenings.

    For more information visit




  • Shalyapin Palace Hotel

    Shalyapin Palace Hotel 

    гостиница «Шаляпин Палас Отель»



    Kazan, Universitetskaya Str. 7


    +7 800-1000-7-80


    This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
    This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.



  • Sharif Kamal's Memorial Flat

    Location: Kazan, Ostrovsky Str. 15

    Affiliate of the Republican National Museum of Tatarstan.
    Established as the National Museum affiliate in 1944 in the house where the writer lived since 1928. In 2019 the museum was opened as the House of the Tatar Book, following a thorough reconstruction. Since then an official name is the Museum of the History of Tatar Literature with the memorial apartment of Sharif Kamal. 

    Sharif Kamal lived in this house from 1918 until his death in 1942. Here was created his most famous works "Matur tuganda" ("When beauty is born"), "Buhet ezlәgundu" ("In search of happiness"), and many others. 

    The museum as whole consists of  exhibition halls, a children's room, a library, mapping and coworking rooms, a bookstore, and a printing house. The exposition itself comprises reconstructed flat furnishings, the writer's memorabilias and archives.





  • Shishkin Memorial House

    Location: Elabuga, Naberezhnaya Str. 12

    The only country's museum of the prominent Russian artist, a founder of realistic landscape painting.
    Opened in 1960 in the house of the Shishkins where the artist spent his childhood and youth and which he later visited on repeated occasions in the days of his creative maturity. The appearance and furnishings of the living rooms were restored and the genuine works of the artist are displayed there.


    for more information visit



  • State Ansemble of Song and Dance

    Location: Kazan, Ostrovskogo Str. 2 

    For more information visit