• Kazan Kremlin State Historical and Architectural museum-reserve

    Location: Kazan Kremlin, Kazan (see the location map below

    Kazan Kremlin State Historical and Architectural museum-reserve is a unique complex, of historical and architectural monuments, a mixture of Tatar and Russia heritage.

    The museum complex is an object of historical and cultural heritage of the state significance, and an object of cultural heritage of Tatarstan.

    Since 2000 the Kazan Kremlin is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

    For more information visit https://kazan-kremlin.ru/ 

    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kremlinmuseum 


    The Kazan KremlinPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev

    The Kazan KremlinPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev

    Suyumbike Tower at The Kazan KremlinPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev

    Suyumbike Tower at The Kazan KremlinPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev

    View from the Kremlin on the Kazanka riverPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev

    At the KremlinPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev



    ↑to the top


  • Museum of Kryashens (Baptised Tatars)

    Location: Khozesanovo, Kaybitsky district

    The Museum of Baptized Tatars of the Nagornaya Side was opened in early October 2020. It was an initiative of V.Danilov, an economist and ethnographer. 

    The collection of new artefacts is open, and everybody is welcome to contribute to an expositions.

    More info: https://vk.com/public164448413


    Museum of Kryashen

















  • Local history museum of Aksubaevsky district

    Location: Aksubaevo, Aksubaevsky district 

    The museum was founded in 1987, and has more than 2500 exhibits. The museum contains household, numismatics, archeology items, natural science collection, paintings, and sculptures. As well as documents, photos, clothes and household items of the Tatars and Chuvash. The ethnographic collection has dresses of Chuvash women of the late 19th century, Chuvash and Tatar woven towels, and a Russian tablecloth. 

    The geological collection was based on finding from the Aksubaevskoe bitumen deposit.

    Another exposition is about the noble people of the districts - writers, scientists, Heroes of the Soviet Union and Socialist Labor.

    For more information visit http://www.museum.ru/M2655



  • Museum of Khasan Tufan

    Location: Staraya Kiremet', Aksubaevsky district

    The museum was founded in 2000, and counts 2580 exhibits. The museum dedicated to one of the great Tatar poet Khasan Tufan.


    For more information visit http://www.museum.ru/M2656http://museum.tatar.ru/museum/aksubaevskiy_kraevedcheskiy_muzey/filials/



  • Museum of Gaziz Kashapov

    Location: Novoe Uzeevo, Aksubaevsky district 

    The museum was founded in 1992, and has 1154 exhibits. The museum dedicated to life and work of the Tatar writer Gaziz Kashapov.

    For more information visit: http://museum.tatar.ru/museum/aksubaevskiy_kraevedcheskiy_muzey/filials/



  • Chak-chak museum

    Location: Ulitsa Parizhskoy Kommuny,18, Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russia


    The Chak-Chak Museum is all about the wonder of Tatar cuisine - Chak-chak. Here you may learn not only making this delicacy but also meet other Tatar traditional dishes with a cup of aromatic tea from a hot samovar.

    It is advised to make an appointment in advance, in order to avoid ocasional overcrowding.


    internet: https://chak-chak.museum 

    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/muzeino/ 

    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chakchakmuseum/ 



  • Local history museum in Almetyevsk

    Location: Almetyevsk, Mir street, 1 (see the location map below
    The museum was founded in 1953. In 2003 celebrated it's 50th anniversary and moved to a new building, at the current address.
    The museum expositions are representing the area's history from the Neolithic age till the present day. The collections of the museum include artifacts of the ancient time, folklore and multicultural/ethnographical elements, modern history of the oil industry region.
    Almetyevsk museum of local lore
    Almetyevsk museum of local lore
    Almetyevsk museum of local lore
    Almetyevsk museum of local lore
  • Baki Urmanche Museum

    Location: Kazan, Shchapov Str. 20


  • Boratynskyi Museum

    Location: Kazan, Korolenko St., 26, and Gorky Str. 25/28

    The museum is an affiliate of the Tatarstan National Museum of the Republic of Tatarstan.
    Established as a community school museum in 1977. Since 1983 it was incorporated into the Republican National Museum as a affiliate. In 1991, the exhibition "Family Album Pages" was opened in the reconstructed wing of the Boratynskys' estate on Gorky Street. The exhibition is based on the genuine items of that time. There is also a small collection of the Boratynskyi's memorabilia exposed at the museum.

    Internet: http://boratynskiy.tatmuseum.ru/   
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1762666090673852/ 



  • Ethnographical museum at Kazan Federal University

    Ethnographical museum at Kazan Federal University 

    Location: 420008 Kazan, Kremlyovskaya Str. 18

    The museum contains of three main expositions: "Ethnographical collection of Kazan University", "Ethnography of the Volga regiona", and "Ethnography of the peoples of the world".

    The museum is open for everyone, but preferences are given to staff and students of Kazan University. Therefore it is highly advised to plan a visit, make an appointment and/or purchase a ticket in advance. It is possible to book an group excursion.


    Internet: https://kpfu.ru/museums/etnograficheskij-muzej/dlya-posetitelej 



  • Gabdulla Tukay museum complex

    Location: the Novy Kyrlai village, Arsky district

    Branch of the State Joint Museum. Not only admirers of poetry of Tukay know the museum but also all those who know anything at all about this great figure in Tatar culture from the early 20th century.

    The museum exposition features artefacts related to those times, early editions of the poet's works, many photos and works inspired by the verses of Tukay’s creations - stories, fairytales, and poems. 

    While visiting the museum it is also possible to take a wonderful walk through the forest.


    Internet: http://tukay-museum.ru/en/ 




  • Sharif Kamal's Memorial Flat

    Location: Kazan, Ostrovsky Str. 15

    Affiliate of the Republican National Museum of Tatarstan.
    Established as the National Museum affiliate in 1944 in the house where the writer lived since 1928. In 2019 the museum was opened as the House of the Tatar Book, following a thorough reconstruction. Since then an official name is the Museum of the History of Tatar Literature with the memorial apartment of Sharif Kamal. 

    Sharif Kamal lived in this house from 1918 until his death in 1942. Here was created his most famous works "Matur tuganda" ("When beauty is born"), "Buhet ezlәgundu" ("In search of happiness"), and many others. 

    The museum as whole consists of  exhibition halls, a children's room, a library, mapping and coworking rooms, a bookstore, and a printing house. The exposition itself comprises reconstructed flat furnishings, the writer's memorabilias and archives.


    Internet: https://kamala.tatmuseum.ru/ 



  • Konstantin Vasiliev Memorial Museum

    Location: Zelenodolsky district, Vasilievo, Lenina Str. 61-4

    Established 1994. Opened on January 10, 1996. Became an affiliate of the Republican National Museum of Tatarstan in 1997.

    Internet: http://www.konstantinvasiliev.ru


  • Museum of the city history in Chistopol

    Location: Chistopol, Karl Marx Str. 8

    The Museum of the city history (or the Museum of Local Lore) was founded in Chistopol in 1921 by A.C. Bulich, a well-known naturalist and archaeologist. His private collection numbered over 5000 items.

    Since 8 April 1928 the museum was housed in the former private residence of A.A. Poduruev, a merchant from Kazan. In 1987 after the reconstruction and organization of the new exhibition the museum acquired his present name - the Museum of a Provincial city, or Museum of the city history.

    Now there are over 30000 items in the museum collections. Among them there are such rarities as wooden bicycles made by N.I. Melnikov, a peasant from the village named Chistopolskye Vyselky according to his own project in the early XXth century (1902 and 1909); the old-printed books, pictures and icons. The Bulgarian collection discovered in the seat of the ancient town named Gucke-Tau (Dzhuke-Tau, editor) is a subject of special pride of the museum. Among them the Bulgarian silver coins of the XI-XIIth centuries, old jewelry, mirror's fragments and sherocones. The ethnographic department of the museum also has the items of great interest including the handicraft wares of the nations of the Central Volga region - Tatars, Russians, Chuvashs are of special value. There is a unique collection of handicraft wares of the Kazan Tatars including the examples of gold embroidery, mosaic leathern shoes, wearing and embroidered clothes as details of the traditional interior. In 1986 a unique collection of the graceful articles made of wood belonged to D.P. Dobrovolsky was joined to the museum treasures. People admire them up to nowadays.

    The collections of the Museum of a Provincial City in Chistopol extensively presenting the natural and cultural heritage of the land always attract attention both of inhabitants and visitors of the city.

    (Source: "Museum of the Provincial City" brochure)


    For more information visit http://chisto-muzei.ru/



  • Shishkin Memorial House

    Location: Elabuga, Naberezhnaya Str. 12

    The only country's museum of the prominent Russian artist, a founder of realistic landscape painting.
    Opened in 1960 in the house of the Shishkins where the artist spent his childhood and youth and which he later visited on repeated occasions in the days of his creative maturity. The appearance and furnishings of the living rooms were restored and the genuine works of the artist are displayed there.


    for more information visit http://www.elabuga.com/shishkin/aboutShishkinHouse.html



  • The village of Bilyar - Bilyar State Historical, Archaeological and Natural Museum-Reserve

    Location: Alekseevsky district, Bilyarsk, Arbuzov Str. 2

    This is one of the most important places linked with the history of the Bulgar State. Bilyar (from the Bulgar – "great") was the biggest of the towns not only of Bulgaria (Suvar, Oshel’, Dzhuketau, etc) but also of medieval Eurasia as a whole (according to archaeologists, bigger than London or Paris of that time).

    From the 10th to the 13th centuries Bilyar was the capital of the Bulgar State. Its area reached 10 million m². The territory included a citadel, inner city, outer city and trading quarter. In the citadel protected by a wooden wall up to 10 m thick, there was a large cathedral mosque, royal cemetery, palace complex, storerooms and workshop. Consisting of big white stone, brick and wooden buildings the town made a striking impression on travellers. One of them, Dzhevaliki, compared its buildings with those of Rum (Constantinople). In the autumn, 1236, the Mongols destroyed Bilyar. In the 14th-16th centuries Bilyar was an ordinary town of Bulgaria and the Kazan Khanate. In the 17th-18th centuries it was a fortified town along the old Zakam’e line which protested against raids by Bashkirs and Nogais. In the 19th century it was famous for its pottery.

    For more information visit https://xn--80abeiejgafejid0blpls8x.xn--p1ai/



  • Local history museum "Peoples friendship"

    Location: the village of Tsip’ya, Baltasinsky district

    The museum was founded on May 9, 1965. Since 1982 the museum was transformed into "Tsipyinsky Museum of Local Lore Friendship of Peoples" consisting of nine exposition and exhibition halls, and a storage facility. It is an affiliate of the State Joint Museum. 
    A biggest part of the collection consists of paleontology, archaeology and natural artefacts.
    there are also a lot of historical material about the Civil war and World War II, including about the Heroes of the Soviet Union, natives of the Baltasinsky district.
    The museum has a remarkable collection of exhibits of the history of the region concerning the road to Siberia (Sibirskyi Trakt) which lay through this district and along which many prisoners travelled on their way to hard labour in Siberia.


    For more information visit http://www.museum.ru/M2668



  • Elabuga historical-architectural and art museum-reserve

    Location: Elabuga

    The museum-reserve was created in 1990 to preserve monuments of material and spiritual culture. The area is about 491.5 hectares. Within its territory at the present time are 226 monuments of history, architecture and town planning which are under state protection, and in total there are up to 700 buildings and installations in the town and elements of them which are of architectural or other value.

    For more information visit http://www.elabuga.com/



  • Old-Kazan (Iske-Kazansky) historical-cultural museum and natural reserve

    Location: the Kamaevo village surroundings, Vysokogorsky district 

    This place is closely linked to events in the history of the Bulgar-Tatar people. According to historical sources and a popular legend, Old-Kazan was founded not far from a large settlement which arose in pre-Mongol times by sons of the Bulgar Khan Abdulla, Alin-Bek and Altyn-Bek.

    Old-Kazan nowadays is represented by two principal archaeological monuments: the Kamaevo settlement with an area of more than 6 hectares and the Russko-Urmatskoe settlement of 124 hectares located between the villages of Kamaevo and Russky Urmat. The Kamaevo site contains the remains of the political centre, the Kremlin of old Kazan, the site at Russky Urmat, the remains of the craft and trading quarter of the town.

    During archaeological digs here various ornaments have been found, ceramics and weapons, coins and many other. It is known that in the period preceding the formation of the Kazan Khanate there was a centre for minting gold coinage here.


    Internet: https://iskekazan.ru/ 



  • Lenin Memorial Museum

    Location: Tsentral'naya Str. 30, Lenino-Kokushkino Village, Pestrechinsky district

    Opened in 1939. In 1985 to 1987 undergone restoration and reconstruction of the former country estate of A.D.Blank, Lenin's grandfather on the maternal side. The house and buildings were restored, a park and an orchard have were laid out. The exhibition dedicated to life of V.I. Lenin during his first political exile is set in the house and the enlargement.


    For more information visit http://www.museum.ru/M1419/