Location: Naberezhnye Chelny, Tukaevsky district
The settlement is located on the river Kama near to the Orlovka village. During excavations here metal ploughshares of Bulgar make have been found revealing the early development here of metallurgy and ploughing in agriculture.
This settlement is dated by archaeologists to the time of the Golden Horde (13th-14th centuries). But it is entirely possible that Bulgars lived here in an earlier period considering that on the river Ik, where it is joined by the river Menzelya, there were Bulgar fortifications where they halted the first invasion of Russia by Mongols in 1223.
It is known that in the Golden Horde period on the territories occupied by the Tatar Mongols agriculture ceased. It is difficult to suppose that in fleeing from the enraged hordes the Bulgars could have taken their metal agricultural implements from their earlier places of habitation to new ones unknown to them. It therefore seems more likely that the Chally settlement arose when the Great Bulgar state was an independent state, what was before 1236-1237. The settlement was destroyed by the armies of one of the last of the descendants of Genghis Khan – Tokhtamysh and his conqueror Tamerlan, which passed through here in 1395, or else by the Kazan Khans, who seized this part of the Kama short after them (in the first half of the 15th century.