• Kazan Kremlin State Historical and Architectural museum-reserve

    Location: Kazan Kremlin, Kazan (see the location map below

    Kazan Kremlin State Historical and Architectural museum-reserve is a unique complex, of historical and architectural monuments, a mixture of Tatar and Russia heritage.

    The museum complex is an object of historical and cultural heritage of the state significance, and an object of cultural heritage of Tatarstan.

    Since 2000 the Kazan Kremlin is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

    For more information visit https://kazan-kremlin.ru/ 

    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kremlinmuseum 

     

    The Kazan KremlinPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev

    The Kazan KremlinPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev

    Suyumbike Tower at The Kazan KremlinPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev

    Suyumbike Tower at The Kazan KremlinPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev

    View from the Kremlin on the Kazanka riverPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev

    At the KremlinPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev

     

     

    ↑to the top

     

  • Kachalov Kazan Academic Russian Bolshoi Drama Theatre

    Location: Kazan, Baumana, Str. 48

    the history of the theatre dates from 1791. It is one of the most ancient theatres in Russia and is the first theatre in Kazan. Such famous russian actors as Pavel Mochalov, Mikhail Schepkin, Pelageya Strepetova, Vasili Kachalov and others played on the boards of this theatre. The theatre participated in international dramatic festivals, held in Vilnyus, Cairo, Marcelle, Moscow, Pskov.

    For more information visit http://teatrkachalov.ru/

     

     

  • Amutbayev Menzelinsk State Tatar Drama Theatre

    Location: Menzelinsk, 423700, M. Jalilya Str. 19

    The Menzelinsk Tatar Drama Theatre was opened in April, 1935.

    For more information visit http://minzalateatr.ru/

     

     

  • Almetyevsk State Tatar Drama Theatre

    Location: Almetyevsk, Lenina Str. 37 (see the map below)
     
    The history of the Almetyevsk tatar Drama theatre originates from 1944. Modern dramaturgic creations form the base of theatre`s repertoir.

    For more information visit http://almetteatr.ru/

     

    Almetyevsk State Tatar Drama Theatre

     

     

    to the top

  • Jalil Opera and Ballet Tatar State Academic Theatre

    Location: Svobody Sq. 1, Kazan (see the location map below

    The history of M. Jalil Opera and Ballet Tatar Academic Theatre originates from December, 1938. The troop of the theatre relates to one of the best operatic and choreographic collectives in Russia. Each year two international festivals are held at the theatre: F. Shalyapin International Festival of Opera Art and R. Nuriyev International Festival of Classical Ballet.

    For more information visit http://www.kazan-opera.ru/

     Jalil Opera and Ballet Tatar State Academic Theatre, KazanPhoto: Andrey Roshektaev

    Fountain at Jalil Opera and Ballet Tatar State Academic Theatre, Kazan
    Photo: Andrey Roshektaev

     

    ↑to the top 

     

  • History of Tatarstan

    The first settlements in the territory of the Republic of Tatarstan date back to Palaeolithic period (about 100,000 years ago). The first state - the Volga-Kama Bulgaria - was set up at the end of the 9th - beginning of the 10th centuries which was the first feudal state in the north-eastern Europe. In 922 Islam was accepted as a state religion. The Bulgar mosques and medrasah (Muslim clerical schools) spread knowledge and culture in the neighbouring regions. In the 13th century, the territory of the Volga-Kama Bulgaria was annexed to the Empire of Genghis-Khan and then became a part of powerful Zolotaya Orda (Golden Horde) State. The collapse of the Golden Horde in the thirties-forties of the 14th century resulted in formation of a number of new states including the Kazan Khanate (1445). Kazan became the capital of the newly formed state. The Kazan Khanate ceased its existence in October, 1552, after two-month siege when troops of Ivan IV (the Terrible), numbering 150,000 people, conquered Kazan.

    A path-breaking step on the way to restoration of statehood of the Tatar people was the declaration of the Tatar Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic in 1920. The end of this century brought new opportunities for development of statehood of Tatarstan. On August, 30, 1990, the Supreme Soviet of Tatarstan announced the Declaration of State Sovereignty of the republic, later supported by 61% of referendum participants held in March, 1992.

     

  • Museum of Kryashens (Baptised Tatars)

    Location: Khozesanovo, Kaybitsky district

    The Museum of Baptized Tatars of the Nagornaya Side was opened in early October 2020. It was an initiative of V.Danilov, an economist and ethnographer. 

    The collection of new artefacts is open, and everybody is welcome to contribute to an expositions.

    More info: https://vk.com/public164448413

     

    Museum of Kryashen

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

  • Local history museum of Aksubaevsky district

    Location: Aksubaevo, Aksubaevsky district 

    The museum was founded in 1987, and has more than 2500 exhibits. The museum contains household, numismatics, archeology items, natural science collection, paintings, and sculptures. As well as documents, photos, clothes and household items of the Tatars and Chuvash. The ethnographic collection has dresses of Chuvash women of the late 19th century, Chuvash and Tatar woven towels, and a Russian tablecloth. 

    The geological collection was based on finding from the Aksubaevskoe bitumen deposit.

    Another exposition is about the noble people of the districts - writers, scientists, Heroes of the Soviet Union and Socialist Labor.

    For more information visit http://www.museum.ru/M2655

     

     

  • Local history museum in Almetyevsk

    Location: Almetyevsk, Mir street, 1 (see the location map below
     
     
    The museum was founded in 1953. In 2003 celebrated it's 50th anniversary and moved to a new building, at the current address.
     
    The museum expositions are representing the area's history from the Neolithic age till the present day. The collections of the museum include artifacts of the ancient time, folklore and multicultural/ethnographical elements, modern history of the oil industry region.
     
     
     
     
    Almetyevsk museum of local lore
     
     
     
    Almetyevsk museum of local lore
     
    Almetyevsk museum of local lore
     
    Almetyevsk museum of local lore
     
     
     
     
     
     
  • Baki Urmanche Museum

    Location: Kazan, Shchapov Str. 20

     

  • Ethnographical museum at Kazan Federal University

    Ethnographical museum at Kazan Federal University 

    Location: 420008 Kazan, Kremlyovskaya Str. 18

    The museum contains of three main expositions: "Ethnographical collection of Kazan University", "Ethnography of the Volga regiona", and "Ethnography of the peoples of the world".

    The museum is open for everyone, but preferences are given to staff and students of Kazan University. Therefore it is highly advised to plan a visit, make an appointment and/or purchase a ticket in advance. It is possible to book an group excursion.

     

    Internet: https://kpfu.ru/museums/etnograficheskij-muzej/dlya-posetitelej 

     

     

  • Gabdulla Tukay museum complex

    Location: the Novy Kyrlai village, Arsky district

    Branch of the State Joint Museum. Not only admirers of poetry of Tukay know the museum but also all those who know anything at all about this great figure in Tatar culture from the early 20th century.

    The museum exposition features artefacts related to those times, early editions of the poet's works, many photos and works inspired by the verses of Tukay’s creations - stories, fairytales, and poems. 

    While visiting the museum it is also possible to take a wonderful walk through the forest.

     

    Internet: http://tukay-museum.ru/en/ 

     

     

     

  • National Cultural Center "Kazan"

    Location: Pushkina Str. 86, Kazan

    for more information visit https://nkc-kazan.ru/

     

     

  • State Ansemble of Song and Dance

    Location: Kazan, Ostrovskogo Str. 2 

    For more information visit http://www.tatans.com/

     

    <iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d8972.643380430465!2d49.110431!3d55.7904449!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x0%3A0x3e113c9370135ace!2sGosudarstvennyy%20Ansambl&#39;%20Pesni%20I%20Tantsa%20Rt!5e0!3m2!1sen!2snl!4v1605396824208!5m2!1sen!2snl" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen="" aria-hidden="false" tabindex="0"></iframe>

     

  • Shishkin Memorial House

    Location: Elabuga, Naberezhnaya Str. 12

    The only country's museum of the prominent Russian artist, a founder of realistic landscape painting.
    Opened in 1960 in the house of the Shishkins where the artist spent his childhood and youth and which he later visited on repeated occasions in the days of his creative maturity. The appearance and furnishings of the living rooms were restored and the genuine works of the artist are displayed there.

     

    for more information visit http://www.elabuga.com/shishkin/aboutShishkinHouse.html

     

     

  • Museum of Alexandr Arbuzov and Boris Arbuzov

    Location: Kazan, Katanovskyi pereulok 8 (see a map below

    The museum was founded in 1969, and opened for visitors in 1971.

    The estate consists of a wooden private residence and a garden. The house was built in the middle of the 19th century land ocated in the old centre of Kazan. Two prominent chemists lived here - A.E.Arbuzov (1877-1968), the founder of chemistry of organophosphorus compounds, and his son - B.A.Arbuzov (1903-1991).

    The museum has its unique features and authenticity of the household conditions. The interiour was kept untouched from Arbuzovs time. The furniture, library, the pictures painted by A.E.Arbuzov, snapshots, manuscripts of scientific papers and lectures, correspondence of the scientists with their relatives, colleagues etc., vividly represent the time in which Arbuzovs family lived, and help to imagine the remarkable people in their domestic athmosphere. Even the wallpaper is still from the last home improvement done by Arbuzov's.

    The collection of the museum contain more than 20 thousand genuine artefacts. They are connected with Alexander Arbuzov and his children (Boris, Yurij and Irina), with the well known architect K.L.Mjufke (the brother-in-law of Alexander Arbuzov), and with other relatives and pupils of the famous family.

    For more informationn visit http://www.iopc.ru/document/1366620546.html

    Museum of A.Arbuzov and B.Arbuzov (source: http://www.museum.ru/N32110)

    Museum of A.Arbuzov and B.Arbuzov in the 19th c.(source: www.kcn.ru)

    Source: some info used from http://www.russianmuseums.info

     

      

    to the top

     

  • Local history museum "Peoples friendship"

    Location: the village of Tsip’ya, Baltasinsky district

    The museum was founded on May 9, 1965. Since 1982 the museum was transformed into "Tsipyinsky Museum of Local Lore Friendship of Peoples" consisting of nine exposition and exhibition halls, and a storage facility. It is an affiliate of the State Joint Museum. 
    A biggest part of the collection consists of paleontology, archaeology and natural artefacts.
    there are also a lot of historical material about the Civil war and World War II, including about the Heroes of the Soviet Union, natives of the Baltasinsky district.
    The museum has a remarkable collection of exhibits of the history of the region concerning the road to Siberia (Sibirskyi Trakt) which lay through this district and along which many prisoners travelled on their way to hard labour in Siberia.

     

    For more information visit http://www.museum.ru/M2668

     

     

  • Museum of the city history in Chistopol

    Location: Chistopol, Karl Marx Str. 8

    The Museum of the city history (or the Museum of Local Lore) was founded in Chistopol in 1921 by A.C. Bulich, a well-known naturalist and archaeologist. His private collection numbered over 5000 items.

    Since 8 April 1928 the museum was housed in the former private residence of A.A. Poduruev, a merchant from Kazan. In 1987 after the reconstruction and organization of the new exhibition the museum acquired his present name - the Museum of a Provincial city, or Museum of the city history.

    Now there are over 30000 items in the museum collections. Among them there are such rarities as wooden bicycles made by N.I. Melnikov, a peasant from the village named Chistopolskye Vyselky according to his own project in the early XXth century (1902 and 1909); the old-printed books, pictures and icons. The Bulgarian collection discovered in the seat of the ancient town named Gucke-Tau (Dzhuke-Tau, editor) is a subject of special pride of the museum. Among them the Bulgarian silver coins of the XI-XIIth centuries, old jewelry, mirror's fragments and sherocones. The ethnographic department of the museum also has the items of great interest including the handicraft wares of the nations of the Central Volga region - Tatars, Russians, Chuvashs are of special value. There is a unique collection of handicraft wares of the Kazan Tatars including the examples of gold embroidery, mosaic leathern shoes, wearing and embroidered clothes as details of the traditional interior. In 1986 a unique collection of the graceful articles made of wood belonged to D.P. Dobrovolsky was joined to the museum treasures. People admire them up to nowadays.

    The collections of the Museum of a Provincial City in Chistopol extensively presenting the natural and cultural heritage of the land always attract attention both of inhabitants and visitors of the city.

    (Source: "Museum of the Provincial City" brochure)

     

    For more information visit http://chisto-muzei.ru/

     

     

  • Elabuga historical-architectural and art museum-reserve

    Location: Elabuga

    The museum-reserve was created in 1990 to preserve monuments of material and spiritual culture. The area is about 491.5 hectares. Within its territory at the present time are 226 monuments of history, architecture and town planning which are under state protection, and in total there are up to 700 buildings and installations in the town and elements of them which are of architectural or other value.

    For more information visit http://www.elabuga.com/

     

     

  • The village of Bilyar - Bilyar State Historical, Archaeological and Natural Museum-Reserve

    Location: Alekseevsky district, Bilyarsk, Arbuzov Str. 2

    This is one of the most important places linked with the history of the Bulgar State. Bilyar (from the Bulgar – "great") was the biggest of the towns not only of Bulgaria (Suvar, Oshel’, Dzhuketau, etc) but also of medieval Eurasia as a whole (according to archaeologists, bigger than London or Paris of that time).

    From the 10th to the 13th centuries Bilyar was the capital of the Bulgar State. Its area reached 10 million m². The territory included a citadel, inner city, outer city and trading quarter. In the citadel protected by a wooden wall up to 10 m thick, there was a large cathedral mosque, royal cemetery, palace complex, storerooms and workshop. Consisting of big white stone, brick and wooden buildings the town made a striking impression on travellers. One of them, Dzhevaliki, compared its buildings with those of Rum (Constantinople). In the autumn, 1236, the Mongols destroyed Bilyar. In the 14th-16th centuries Bilyar was an ordinary town of Bulgaria and the Kazan Khanate. In the 17th-18th centuries it was a fortified town along the old Zakam’e line which protested against raids by Bashkirs and Nogais. In the 19th century it was famous for its pottery.

    For more information visit https://xn--80abeiejgafejid0blpls8x.xn--p1ai/