Kazan is the capital city of Tatarstan. The city is situated on the left bank of the Volga river, at the point where the river Kazanka flows into it. The population nearing 1.2 million made up of 77 different ethnic groups. It is one of the biggest and most important cultural and industrial centres in the Volga region. There are museums: State Joint museum of the Republic of Tatarstan, Tatarstan State museum of the Fine Arts, and Kazan University ethnographic museum. Museums of famous people: Gabdulla Tukay, Baratynsky, Musa Dzhalil, Salikh Saidashev, Sharif Kamal, and Maxim Gorky. Exhibitions of the city are Exhibition Hall of the Union of Artists, National cultural centre, Vassiliev exhibition gallery, and Kazanskaya Fair exhibition centre. Theatres of Kazan are Dzhalil Tatar opera and ballet theatre, Kamal Tatar theatre, Kachalov Bol'shoi Russian drama theatre, Tinchurin State drama and comedy theatre, Kazan youth theatre, State puppet theatre, Bol'shoi concert hall, and the Circus.
Coat of arms
- "Ekiyat" Tatar State Puppet Theatre
- Annunciation (Blagoveshchenskyi) cathedral
- Apanaev (Masjid) mosque
- Baki Urmanche Museum
- Boratynskyi Museum
- Cathedral of the Epiphany (Bogoyavlenskyi sobor)
- Chak-chak museum
- Concert Hall of Tukay Tatar State Philarmony
- Ethnographical museum at Kazan Federal University
- Jalil Opera and Ballet Tatar State Academic Theatre
- John the Baptist (Ioanno-Predtechenskyi) monastery
- Kachalov Kazan Academic Russian Bolshoi Drama Theatre
- Kamal Tatar State Academic Theatre
- Karim Tinchurin Theatre Festival
- Kazan Kremlin State Historical and Architectural museum-reserve
- Kazan State Circus
- Kazan State Theatre of Young Spectator
- Kazan Tatar State Theatre of Young Spectator
- Kul-Sharif mosque
- Lenin Memorial House
- Literary Museum of Gabdulla Tukay
- Lokomotive beach and beaches on the Lenin Dam
- Maksim Gorky Literary-Memorial Museum
- Mardzhani mosque
- Millennium Park
- Modern music festival "Europe-Asia"
- Musa Jalil Memorial Flat
- Museum of Alexandr Arbuzov and Boris Arbuzov
- National Cultural Center "Kazan"
- National Museum of the Republic of Tatarstan
- Nazib Zhiganov Memorial Flat
- Nikolo-Nizskaya church at the Nilol'skyi cathedral
- Nurulla Mosque (Sennaya Mosque)
- Peter and Paul (Petropavlovskyi) cathedral
- Piano music festival "Pianoforum"
- Polish Roman Catholic church - Parish of the Holy Cross
- Rudolf Nuriev Ballet Festival
- Saidashev Museum
- Saydashev State Grand Concert Hall
- Shalyapin Opera Festival
- Sharif Kamal's Memorial Flat
- State Ansemble of Song and Dance
- State Museum of Fine Arts of the Republic of Tatarstan
- State nature reserve "Blue Lakes"
- Tatar song festival "Tatar zhyry"
- Tinchourin Tatar State Drama and Comedy Theatre