The centre of the district is Bavly. Area - 1210,4 square km. Population - 37,5 thousand people. The district was founded in 1965.

The city of Bavly is situated on the bank of the river Bavly (a tributary of the Ik river), 369 km to the south-east from Kazan, 40 km to the south from railway station Yutaza. Population – 22,9 thousand people. The settlement was founded in 1755, in 1950 was transformed in to a big settlement, in 1998 – a city.

 

 Coat of arms

Flag 

 Bavlinsky district

 Bavlinsky district