The city of Almetyevsk is situated on the slopes of Bugulma-Belebey heights, on the left bank of the river Zai (a tributary of the Kama river), 279 km to the south-east from Kazan, 13 km to the east from the railway station Almetyevsk. Population – 151 thousand people. The settlement was founded in the 18th century, in 1953 was transformed in to a city. The city is the centre of Almetyevskyi district. It is a major centre of the republic's oil industry. There are manufactures of machinery and equipment for the oil industry, drilling companies. 

 

Coat of arms

 

Almetyevsk (1975)