The city of Naberezhnye Chelny is situated in the north-east of the republic, has a harbour on the left bank of the Kama river, 225 km to the east from Kazan, 17 km to the north-east from the railway station Krugloe Pole. Population – 513,3 thousand people. The first settlements on the territory of Naberezhnye Chelny were known since 1626. The city is the centre of Tukaevskyi district. Main industrial enterprises are the Kama Association for the Production of Heavy Duty Vehicles (KamAZ) and the Nizhnekamskaya Hydroelectric Power Station.
Museums of the city are Museum of the history of the town and KamAZ (the branch of the State Joint Museum), and the picture gallery. Theatres are: Tatar drama theatre, Masterovye theatre-studio, House of Children and Birds Chelny State theatre, Sara Sadykova concert Hall, Maidan entertainment and concert complex.
Coat of arms
- Chally ancient settlement (Challinskoe gorodishche)
- Chess and Draughts Club
- Flowers Festival
- KamAZ stadium
- Modern music festival "Europe-Asia"
- Naberezhnye Chelny Picture Gallery
- Olimpyiskyi sports complex
- Organ Music Hall
- Repentance (Tauba) mosque
- Rosinka (Dew drop) health centre
- Russian drama theatre "Masterovye"
- State Puppet Theatre
- State Tatar Drama Theatre
- The Holy "Moneyless Ones" Cosmas and Damian church
- Zhemchuzhina (Pearl) health centre